Subject: RE: [Leica] what should I expect with Xtol
From: "Derek Zeanah" <derek@zeanah.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:15:34 -0400

The largest print I've ever made was a 30x40.  It was printed by Ivey
Seright (now Portland Photographics, I think), and it was *incredible*.
It was from a 35mm neg developed in XTOL.  IIRC, it was Delta 100 shot
at ei 125, developed in XTOL 1:3 in a Jobo rotary processor (with
prewet) according to Ilford's recommended time.  (Using a Vivitar Series
1 90mm f2.5 lens on a Canon F1n handheld, btw.)

Pleasing comtrast (a portrait -- read that as a little low in contrast)
but with amazingly small grain.  There was a little bit of camera shake
(1/125s handheld and the client was adamant she'd want nothing larger
than an 8x10), but other than that there was nothing to complain about.

I think you'll like it a lot.  Give it a shot.  Of course last year I
had some 16x20's printed up by the same company that were even more
impressive (15mm Voigt and T400CN)...