Subject: [Leica] Lens decision
From: David Young <youngs@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:13:36 -0700

It appears that my damaged 180/4 Elmar-R may not be repairable.  If this
proves to be the case, I will have to choose between a new 180mm
Apo-Telyt-R/3.4 and a new 180mm Elmarit-R/2.8.

Obviously, the 3.4 is lighter (by 60 grams  though this is still 210 grams
more than the old f4!), and the 2.8 faster.

Can anyone give me some really good reasons to choose one over the other?

Thanks.

PS: Can anybody tell me when the 180/4 Elmar-R was officially discontinued?

David Young        | Experience gained varies directly
Victoria, CANADA   | with equipment ruined.

Replies: Reply from "Frank W." <wwk001@netvigator.com> (Re: [Leica] Lens decision)