Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens decision
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:21:29 EDT

Hello David:

If you are talking of the new APO-Elmarit 180/2,8, you are talking about a
great deal of money. It is supposed to be a marvelous performer optically.
BNut unless you project slides on a very large screen or make 14x17 or bigger
prints, you will probably never see the difference.

Since you have been satisfied with your 180/4, you likely don't need the
speed of an f/2,8 lens and like the compact size of the f/4. Why not look for
a really clean pre-owned 180/4? They are around and will save you a helluva
lot of money.

If you think you might want/need the extra stop in speed, I have the last
version
180/2,8 Elmarit in mint, almost like-new condition, that I may be selling as
I use this focal length very seldom.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Seth Rosner         LaK 9