Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and scratched slide film
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:45:25 -0700

I just got my R8 back from Leica-New Jersey. They agreed the film scratches
stemmed from the presssure plate located on the inside of the back door.
They replaced the plate and cleaned and lubricated the body. They then ran a
roll of film through it to determine no more scratching occurred and
informed me none had. Nevertheless, I must do the same thing to be assured
this is correct. So, I urge all R8 owners with a film scratching problem to
send the body to Leica and get the plate replaced.

Terry

Message from "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] R8 and scratched slide film)