Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and scratched slide film
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 08:12:53 -0700

Update to my previous post:

I called Don Goldberg re my R8 and scratched print and slide film. He
suggested I rub the pressure plate on the inside of the back door with a
chamois cloth, and I did. I also cleaned the roller that the film rolls
around after each exposure with Joe Codispoti's outstanding lens cleaner and
successfully got all dust particles off it. Then I gently blew some air from
a pressurized can into the entire chamber to get rid of any other possible
dust. Now, today I will run a roll of print film through the R8, then take
it to the new lab near me whose processor is a new, state-of-the-art
machine, have them develop it, and then study the film with my loupe to see
if there is a recurrence of the scratching I have been encountering on the
glossy (not emulsion) side of so many rolls. I also called Leica-N.J.'s
repair department this morning and a gentleman there said to send it to them
with a slide sample so they can fix the problem, probably, they said,
related to the pressure plate. Gads, it won't be easy parting with the R8,
for I use it every week and will be pained not to be able to use it and its
outstanding lenses for awhile.

Terry

Replies: Reply from "Don" <don.ro@verizon.net> (Re: [Leica] R8 and scratched slide film)
Reply from "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] R8 and scratched slide film)