Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 & technical pan
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 05:47:56 -0400

When using Tech Pan as a continuous tone film, there is no one best EI.
The EI will be determined by the developer it's processed in. You
mention overexposure, but I wonder if the processed film exhibited high
contrast too. In any case, if the film was processed correctly, and the
only flaw was that it was overexposed, I'd ask the lab what they suggest
the film be exposed at. Or, by extrapolation, you could use EI 50 if the
film is going to be processed by the same lab.

I would suggest that you process the film yourself, but I don't know if
that is possible. It's a simple matter, and you then have full control.

Allan