Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Peter goes abroad, returns to tell about it!
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:01:15 +0200

Ken,

I do sympathize with you, as my father is diabetic and has other health problems
and, like you, must travel with his syringes and blood testing equipment and a
whole pharmacy worth of medications. So he endures the extra checks. I am fully
with B.D. here, I feel very upset when I see a security lapse (such as the xray
operator not looking at the screen but chatting with a colleague instead).

The inspections may not be perfect but what is the alternative? If you are
independently wealthy you can go the John Madden route, but I am afraid that the
rest of us will just have to adjust to the new environment.

Nathan

Ken Wilcox wrote:

> Seem to me that all that is being accomplished is that normal
> citizens who have had their nail clippers and knitting needles take
> from them are having any useful, although pitiful, means of resisting
> terrorist in the air. Repeated testing has shown, time after time
> that various weapons can routinely get past security checkpoints. Law
> abiding citizens are the only ones that can't have weapons.
>
> I hope I don't sound like a half crazed conseritive. I'm a life-long
> liberal who is fed up with "security" measures that really only LOOK
> like they might be effective.
>
> It is very easy to sympathize with people in my position, effectively
> grounded, when you are not one of them.
>
> Ken Wilcox

- --
Nathan Wajsman