Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Peter goes abroad, returns to tell about it!
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:07:21 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/02 6:01:45 AM, klw.51@comcast.net writes:

<< Peter,

An interesting story. I, for one, do not feel any safer for the
Draconian procedures and civil liberty violations being undertaken in
the US and elsewhere.

As a photographer with serious health problems I would not even try
to fly anymore. Medications all must be in original packaging. (I buy
large quantities that would be onerous to carry along.)  I am
diabetic and must bring testing equipment and syringes along. I also
must take along a large electronic piece of equipment, a dialysis
machine and supplies of liquid dialyte. Any special food that I need
to bring I MUST PROVE are actually foods.

All the foolish and useless restrictions simply make air travel for
me, and those like me, impossibly difficult.

Ken Wilcox >>

Ken,

My mother's a severe diabetic as well.  Suffers from the same problems and
air-travel restrictions.  I'm curious how you do travel?  Auto, train?

- -kim