Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 & technical pan
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:36:41 -0700

><Snip>
>
> Typically I shoot at ASA 25 although in the late afternoon when there's a lot of
> red light I can shoot it at 50. TechPan's response curve shows that it is much
> more sensative at the red end of the spectrum.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Adam

And low sensitive at the green side. Does your foliage come out dark?
Apparently a green filter would be just ideal for this film.
I'm fond of them anyway.
I hear Tech pan works well with Xtol 1:5. If that were the case it would
be great for me as i have the stuff always on hand.

The cost of the Tech Pan special developer puts me off (was well as the
cost of the film)
Another thing I'd try would be Rodinal 1:100 or 1:150.

But the main thing is I'm not sure how bad 35mm Pan F in Xtol 1:3 would
be blown up 16x20 or 20x24.
I think the images might not be wanting or hurting. Same with Fuji
Across 100, a tab grain film.

And how much I'd need to deal with the special problems that comes with TechPan.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] M6 & technical pan)