Subject: Re: OFF-LIST - RE: [Leica] Leica and digital photography
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:28:04 -0600

Hi Austin,

I was responding to Karina's somewhat nasty retorts to B.D.'s posts.
Everyone on the Leica-Users learns to stand firm if they want to stand
at all but responding to posts with unrelated comments and nasty
personal attacks I find a bit tiring.

My original post to the L-U, "Have you ever tried arguing with Austin"
was a reference to our occasional long winded head to heads over such
important issues as DOF. You must admit that went on for a LONG time. I
am not even sure what DOF is anymore!

When that received another nasty post  from Karina, I emailed her
privately asking that she just filter or ignore B.D. if she found him so
exasperating. She has subsequently replied that she will be
unsubscribing. Too bad as far as I am concerned.

My choice of words was unfortunate in that I said long and painful.
Painful is going too far but I will stand by the long :-). It is just
that long and painful sound so good together. I had not realized that I
had posted this to the list and I would be glad to send an apology that
way if you would like me to.

Cheers,

John