Subject: Re: [Leica] Scannless in the trenches
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:04:49 -0700

I'm looking at "Leica. The Program," Germany 09/00/BR, English 910911,
pages 118, 119, and 129.
While, yes something was made, usable no, at least not with current
practises.
The contemporary design of the 35mm scanner has already gained a firm
foothold in the consumer market. The Leica S1 is completely out of step.
It reminds me of the Aristo cold light adapter for the Speed Graphic
that supposedly turns the camera into an enlarger.
I don't think that they should have to make a scanner from scratch. They
certainly can make optics for scanners. Leitz optics has long been
employed from everything from a microscope to a reconnaissance aircraft.
They certainly are no stranger in after market product support.
Slobodan Dimitrov