Subject: Re: [Leica] digital and consumers
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:28:02 -0700 (PDT)

B. D. Colen wrote:

But then this misses an important point too, Don....A digital P&S
allows today's casual snapshooters to do what generations of casual -
and all too annoying - slide shooters have done: shoot hundreds,
thousands, of mundane, boring images of vacations, kids graduations,
"foreigners," bring them home and then  forget about them - except when
they have a group of friends held hostage at the point of a Scotch
bottle when they haul out the projector and send the friends right into
deep coma.;-)

In the digital age there is no slide film to purchase, no projector to
purchse, no screen, no processing costs. Just digital images, stored on

the computer as tiny jpgs, and either put up on hideously boring
websites - or....brought out as slide shows for captive family
members!!!!

So what's the difference? Except for cost? And don't start talking
about the amazing quality of those Leica lenses and Kodachrome, because
in the first place, no end of quality will save those crappy boring
images so many folks produce from being boring crappy from images. And,
when shown on a good monitor, those silly jpgs tend to look plenty
bright and sharp. :-)

Gee, that makes me feel guilty. Ya got me, I confess! :-) Thanks for
reminding me to be more selective in the future - and to be more
considerate toward my friends (while I still have some left).  ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray