Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop problem with Cones Inks
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:14:55 -0400

At 07:40 PM 5/21/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Tina......
>
>I would ask how you like the Epson 3000, but you have made that clear.
>I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of mine!
>
>Since you gave us a hardware and material profile......
>What do you use for storage?
>Do you have all your B&W prints destined for 'stock' duped?
>Care to give an idea of your work flow from film to digital?
>
>And.... knowing how much you love your Ms... and how attached you seem to be
>getting to your Panasonic.... can you see a time when you move to digital
>for your bread and butter work?
>
>Cheers
>
>Jim

Hi, Jim -

I'll start with the last question first.  I don't see myself moving totally
to digital unless and until I can use my Leica lenses.  There is no digital
equivalent to the Noctilux!
I scan all of my edited negatives and slides at the highest possible dpi
(4000 on my LS4000) and save that as a Genuine Fractal file along with a
small jpeg on Kodak Gold Ultima CD's.  Those are filed in filing cabinets
with the negatives and slides.  An inventory of the CD's and their contents
is kept on the computer in my Portfolio program.  For prints, I open the GF
file and adjust the levels, resize, remove dust, etc. in Photoshop.  I open
a new file that is the size of the print I want to make and move the photo
onto that canvas, putting a title underneath and centering the photo.  That
file is saved as a tiff and is printed through Piezography software with my
Epson 3000's.  The tiff file is saved on another CD with other files of
prints.  There is no need to make dupes since I can always print another
photo exactly the same using that file.

Hope this helps!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP