Subject: Re: [Leica] Two more strangers -- old bikers
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 06:57:49 +0200

Hi Graham,

Nice portraits. As for the age of the bikers, they are indeed getting
older. In the UK a large proportion of bikes sold (especially on the more
expensive end) goes to people in their late 30s who may have had something
on two wheels 20 years ago and are now returning to it. These are referred
to as born-again bikers in the trade. I am myself typical of this: as a
teenager in the 70s in Denmark I rode various small bikes, spending each
weekend tinkering with the engine to make them go faster, then a long
hiatus until I moved to Belgium in 95 and bought my first real bike in 96
(I still have it).

Nathan