Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Motor Drive
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:34:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/02 9:48:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
images@InfoAve.Net writes:

> Where are you, Greg??  I can't imagine having a foot of snow in May!  We're
>  having a real cool spell now.  The high today was only 76

It's all relative, Tina; ten days ago I woke up (we're just north of Saratoga
Springs NY) to a light spring snowfall, dropped 2" on us. Mind, our property
is 5 1/2 miles from the SE corner of the Adirondack State Park so we have
some mild elevation. Have I mentioned on this list that the Park covers an
area larger than Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion Canyon, Yosemite and
Yellowstone National Parks combined? Over 3,000,000 acres.

To return to matters Leica, I just turned up a bit of memorabilia, a snippet
camera store ad, don't know which, from a photo magazine, don't know which,
from decades ago, don't know which. Here are their prices for "used lenses
for Leica, Canon etc":

21mm Super Angulon, $146.50;
35mm Summaron for M3, $32.50;
35mm Summicron f/2 W.A., $118.75;
50mm Summarit f/1.5, 49.50;
50mm Elmar f/3.5, $28.50;
50mm Dual-Range Summicron f/2, $109.50;
85mm Summarex f/1.5, $108.50;
90mm Summicron f/2 shade, $139.50;
90mm Elmar f/4 rigid, $38.50;
90mm Elmarit f/2.8, $108.50;
125mm Hektor f/2.5 for Visoflex, $118.00;
135mm Elmar f/4 telephoto, $108.50;
400mm Telyt f/5 for Visoflex, $248.50;
Visoflex II with 5x Magnifier, $74.75.

OK you leicosleuths, how about a time frame? Remember these are used prices.
Also note no statement as to condition, let alone serial numbers. I don't
have a date so your guess is as good as mine!

Seth        LaK 9