Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:"Cranky and awkward" Screw mounts
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 20:51:38 -0400

At 07:21 PM 5/23/02 -0400, Robert Marvin wrote:

>Contax-style focusing is considerably faster
>with a 50, but, with an aux. VF for other lenses the magnified,
>adjustable diopter Leica RF is superior (and, you don't need an
>awkward "Contax crab" hold to avoid blocking the RF window).

Well, the Contax long-base RF is quite a bit more accurate than is the
LTM's.  I use both Contax and LTM cameras a goodly amount and both have
their virtues -- but the Contax and Kiev camera RF/VF mechanisms have the
Leica's RF beat all-hollow for ease, utility, and accuracy.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!