Subject: Re: [Leica] Myopia Polo, Sunday Afternoon, Anyone?
From: "James R. Nelon" <jnelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 23:01:34 +0800

Alastair,

In the early 1980's, I was the "unofficial" photographer of the Potomac
Polo team down in Washington D.C. Shooting fast ponies every Summer
Sunday with slow 2 fps winders on R3's made the events challenging, but
putting on slide shows at the May Potomac Polo ball which kicked off the
season and then showing the season's results in another ball in October
made it all worth while. Now with the R8's motor drives and spot-on
metering, getting the full-frame action is a lot easier. Come on over
for a try. It's great fun, and the Champagne is a plus! After eight
years in Hong Kong, this stuff is real culture shock. Everything here is
SO American! :-) :-)

Jim Nelon