Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 21: mundane objects NO! NO! NO! Beautiful subjects!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 08:56:45 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote and showed.

>>> One of the consequences of being a photographer for me is that wherever
> I am, I look for pictures. Sometimes I try to find something interesting
> even in totally mundane objects.<<<

Hi Nathan,
The consequences of   >> wherever I am, I look for pictures.<<< is one of
the beautiful assets of being visually astute to enjoy many of the simple
things in life.

Those who "have the eye" to see can find beauty and substance where others
see a pile of rocks. Some folks use there eyes to avoid banging into
telephone poles and kicking over garbage cans and that's a pity.

But for some, they see a picture in the shadow of a gate or the design of a
fire hydrant and to me, it's a blessing to enjoy and share in the
photographs you make. It's ones ability to "see" that sorts out one human or
photographer from another.

In your case and some other members who post, we enjoy your ability to see
and make worth while photographs, where others merely make an exposure and
it sits there coldly staring back from the screen.

In both of your PAW's they once again speak of your photographic eye to
produce interesting photographs. Keep 'em coming they're always a pleasure
to open.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant