Subject: Re: [Leica] Happy Birthday Ted
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 07:29:54 -0700

Alastair Firkin wished:
>>> Well, I hope I've got my timing right. This should arrive in time to
> wish you a very Happy birthday. I shall not reveal which one -- you
> can do that if you like
>
> Cheers from your friends downunder<<<<

Thanks Alastair and if I don't give the crew the number, I'll probably be
hounded most of the day.... so it's  73! :-)

But there's no rest for the wicked as it's just a number and given the nice
things occurring the past weeks I don't have time to sit about like an old
crock thinking about age.

Just for the odd one who worries about getting old here's a perspective
what's happened and will happen over the rest of this year. And that means
while racing to number 74. ;-)

1/ My Leica created medical book, "This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir
William Osler"   with it's attendant "Photographer's Supplement" which many
of you folks have, is being re-published by Firefly Books of Toronto, Canada
for release September 2003. Contract in hand and advance cheque on the way.
:-) :-) :-)

It will be slightly smaller than the original, making it more affordable for
many Leica users to see what Leica really does by available light. ;-) But
will maintain the same high quality of the original production.

This of course means every picture must be custom re-printed  (98)  wet
darkroom for re-production and in the hands of the publisher Friday this
week. So you know where I've been the past couple days and the rest of this
week.... black room!

2/: I've begun shooting a companion edition to the above... "This is Our
Work. Women in Medicine" It's well under way and the publisher is waiting
for first look. This shooting will take me around North America working with
female doctors, so on occasion it could lead to a meet and greet of LUG
friends along the way. A side bonus. ;-)

Using M7's, R8's, Tri-x, Neopan 1600 and XTOL the photography to date has a
different look to the early work with Tmax and Tmax developer. "Better"
seems to be the word of choice to describe it.

3/ And completely off photography, friends gave me one of those $1 dollar
scratch and win cards for my birthday as they've done for many years and I
won $5000. :-) :-) So hey what can I say, I'll take 73 any day with all
these neat things. :-)

One can only look at the age thing as "screw it, kick ass" and get on with
doing what you love with great passion..... "being a photographer." :-) Love
it! :-)

Thanks again Alastair. :-)

ted.

Ted Grant Photography Limited