Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom in a manufactured home
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:40:23 -0400

Adam, if the manufacturer will customize the home for you then have them do
the following
1)stub out hot and cold water lines from the adjacent bathroom into the
bedroom with a valve to shut off the water not just a soldered nipple
closing the line.

2)Run a 1 1/2 inch drain with trap in the wall also from the adjacent
bathroom, this can be left open.

3)In the wall approximately 4 feet off the sill plate run 2X12's flat wise
between studs so you have something to screw things like temperature control
valves.  Choose the height to be above the top of your sink.  You could also
use 3/4 plywood in the stud spaces.

4) Add at least two outlets and I would suggest two pair that are separate
15 amp circuits on the breaker box to isolate timers, color heads, cold
light heads, and what have you.

5)Floor the room with either marine plywood or other material that is water
resistant.  You will eventually cover the floor with vinyl or tile.
Something that is easily wet mopped to eliminate dust.  I suspect the
standard sub-floor is orientated strand board which is not ideal for a place
that will get wet.

6)Leave the window as you will use the space to locate an exhaust fan to
eliminate chemical fumes.

I think that is the major stuff that needs to be covered in construction.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com