Subject: [Leica] Replacing slow speed dial and crown on Leica IIIc
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 02:05:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

My recently purchased IIIc (converted in the factory to IIIf BD) seems
to work OK, judging from the film I put through it: no holes in the
shutter or other light leaks, film advance working OK, etc.

For the sake of cosmetics, I'd rather like to replace the slow shutter
speed dial and the crown that fits over it. The chrome is peeling off
them and they look ugly, whereas the rest of the camera is clean (but
not mint). Shutter speeds marked are 30, 20, 15, 10, 4, 2, 1, T.

I know I can order the spare parts from DAG in the USA but does anyone
know of a source in the UK? Also, is it easy enough to replace these
two parts?

Grateful for any advice!

Regards,

=====