Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica User wanting feedback on MF camera
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:08:39 -0700

><Snip>
> >
> > Wouldn't the Mamiya 7 be a good companion to the Leicas ;) (if you had an M)
> > I just made some scans on an Epson 2450 and am printing out some 8x10's &
> > 11x14's from old negs I never proofed. They RoXorZ !! I can only imagine
> > what they'd look like if I got good drum scans and crystal prints made :)

Companion?
	companion for what?

I can't see why 8x10's and 11x14's require that kind of real estate.
Subject matter?
Even fast film in 35mm makes for grainless sharp and beautiful prints
these sizes.
And OF what? hand held? Tripod?

The kind of grab shooting Leica is known for is not going to happen with
the Mamiya 7.
Not enough depth of field.
And i understand there are close focusing issues.

I could see using it on road trips with a tripod to make very large
prints of high quality.

But it would not be stared in the same part of my trunk as my Leica's.
(They'd probably fight)

But it least it's a rangefinder camera.
Unlike the Contax 645 or the Mamiya 645 AF(D) which have nothing at all
to do with Leica in any stretch of the imagination…

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: Leica User wanting feedback on MF camera)