Subject: Re: [Leica] exposure advice?
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 21:42:32 -0400

On Saturday, June 1, 2002, at 08:53  PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Hi Gilbert,
> When I shoot transparency film I always use the empty square mode..
> That's
> the one to the far right setting.

That's what I was hoping you'd say. When I first got the R8 I was
sometimes disappointed in the metering, but I never used that setting.
Now I've realized that it makes the R8 work exactly like my M7s
(formerly M6s)

> I'll go look it up as I don't relate to the names, just the symbols and
> what
> I believe they do. ;-). ;-)  Damn I'm awful when it comes to all this
> names
> and number stuff. :-)

Me too. I had to look it up to ask the question ;)

> Yes it's the Integral reading. On occasion I'll use the spot reading if
> it's
> necessary. I suppose more for an effect of lighting and drama where the
> hot
> spot area is the key element of the picture and all else falls into
> where
> they may.

I'm glad to know that I've been doing it right. Gee, the pictures don't
look so bad:) I'll be shooting lots of transparency film next weekend at
the F1 race in your wonderful nation and I'm really excited about my new
(to me) APO 280/2.8 and the APO 2x.

Gilbert

Replies: Reply from "Bob Parsons" <bobp@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] exposure advice? and 280 APO)