Subject: Re: [Leica] exposure advice? and 280 APO
From: "Bob Parsons" <bobp@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 14:25:37 +0100

Gilbert wrote:

<snip>
> I'm glad to know that I've been doing it right. Gee, the pictures don't
> look so bad:) I'll be shooting lots of transparency film next weekend at
> the F1 race in your wonderful nation and I'm really excited about my new
> (to me) APO 280/2.8 and the APO 2x.
<snip>

Some of the best advice about the 280/2.8 APO was written by Ted.
Using it with the shoulder stock and electric release is an absolutely
super combination for hand held shots. I'm amazed that it's quite often
possible to get a good result at 1/60th and f 2.8. It gets even better
with a winder or motor drive attached. I think there is enough mass
in the combination to resist being disturbed by slight body shakes.

I have one of the older shoulder stocks (tubular) and found when
wearing nothing over a shirt it was much more comfortable if I pushed
a length of plastic foam tubing over the arms of the shoulder support.
The tubing is the type sold by plumbers for insulating water pipes.

Bob Parsons  bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] exposure advice? and 280 APO)