Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 22: Amsterdam streets
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 15:25:03 +0200

On Sunday the 26th of May the Dutch and Belgian LUG contingent (plus
yours truly) met in Amsterdam to host Tom and Tuulikki Abrahamsson for a
day. Of course our Leicas saw significant action despite frequent rain
spells, and my PAW for this week are two street scenes from Amsterdam.

First, this is how many Dutch children travel, although I have not often
seen two child seats like this:
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_22.jpg
(Leica M6, 35mm Summilux, Ilford Delta 100)

The alternate is a scene I happened upon. The taxi driver is arguing
with the cop, I guess to spare him a ticket for whatever offense he had
committed. The big guy on the side came up to me immediately after I
took the picture and started objecting to me. But by than the silver
halides had already been hit by the light...

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_22alt1.jpg
(Leica M6, 35mm Summilux, Ilford Delta 100)

The main PAW index is at:

http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2002.htm

and comments/critique are always appreciated.

I will be posting a separate, more extensive record of the meeting and
our exploration of Amsterdam shortly.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman