Subject: [Leica] Off Topic: 101st Heliar Anniversary Bessa T
From: "tlianza" <tlianza@sequelimaging.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 23:49:18 -0400

I bought one of these for collecting purposes.  I put a rool through it and
decided that I would use it often rather than put it in a display case.  I
went out an bought the 75mm Voigtlander viewfinder and I finally have a
combination that I can reliably use the 75 summilux.  I use this camera with
the 50 Heliar (which is an excellent lens...) the 12 mm Voightlander and the
75mm Summilux.  The rangefinder on the Bessa T is great for the 75 due to
the magnification. I particularly like the 75mm and I was having lots of
trouble with the lens on the .72 M6.  I'm looking for a source of jewelry
pouches for the viewfinders....

I'll be taking this combo along with the M6, 35 summilux and the 90mm Tele
Elmarit with me to Japan/Singapore next week.

I like the Bessa T quite a bit.  It's a great addition for a Leica collector
and a great camera in its own right.  The onboard meter is quite good and
the overall feel of the camera is good, but not Leica good.... The 50mm is a
little unnerving until you lock it in the extended position.  It wobbles
quite a bit when in the collapsed configuration.  You certainly won't be
disappointed with the quality of the images, but keeping track of
viewfinders can be a real drag.

Have fun.

Tom Lianza
Technical Director