Subject: Re: [Leica] new user
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 16:32:32 -0500

I would suggest a [GASP!] Hexanon 50/2 or a Skopar 50/2.5 (once they have
been tested and we get the results. The Nokton is a bit large to carry
around as a "normal" lens if you aren't planning to use it wide open. The
50/2 Hexanon is very high quality and relatively cheap. I think it would
give you better results than the older Summarit. The 50/3.5 Heliar is a
wonderful lens if you don't mind buying it attached to a colored Bessa-T.
And you would really hate the framelines on that!!

Of course, a 50/2 Summicron would be THE ideal walking around daylight 50mm
lens IMO.