Subject: [Leica] filters
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:27:32 -0400

Call me a contrarian (many have). I keep UV filters on all my lenses and almost never
use Leica's add-on lens shades. I keep my cameras carefully stowed in various bags
(six, and counting), occasionally use a half eveready case, still love Kodachrome and
don't bang my cameras into car doors or drop them onto concrete (knock wood -- but
not with my Ms either).  Most of my Leicas have no marks on them that are the result
of my own misadventures. Never lost a battery compartment cover nor had a problem
removing one. Rarely have lens flare problems of any kind. Earn a good part of my
living with cameras, often working in conditions that would make most men go insane.
Maybe that explains the above...

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] filters)