Subject: [Leica] Re: [Leica] Re: 純商業辦公室出 租
From: Ernst Leitz <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:01:18 -0500

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 10:58:22PM -0700, Adam Bridge wrote:

> It seems the amount of SPAM is increasing. I'm stating my preferences to have
> the list subscription-only and no longer open without formally joining. We'll
> only get MORE spam than we already have.
>
> I belong to many listservs and this is the only one that is open. There is good
> software that gives a web-interface to subscriptions. I think this is not an
> unreasonable request and gives some protection from spammers.

It may give protection from "accidental" spam, but since envelope
addresses are trivial to forge (see header) it won't stop a real spammer.

I can't imagine a practical way to stop spam as long as SMTP is being used,
though I'd love to be proven wrong!

Emilio

Message from Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: 純商業辦公室出租)