Subject: [Leica] My gallery (was DC [GAY] pride march)
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 23:01:19 -0400

Testing, testing . . . . ah, LUG is back on . . . .

Mark wrote:

Some great shots Carl, i especially enjoyed the shot of the guy riding
his bicycle on the ocean.
How'd you do that? Or how'd he do that?
And I'm partial to black and white usually. It takes a lot to get me
liking color stuff.
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, Mark. I'm flattered to have you say that.

No trick to that shot. It was a mild day in mid-Feb. this year, but Lake
Ontario was nearly freezing. The kid was riding his bike along the shore,
and suddenly decided to ride *through* the water. I was flabbergasted, but
for once remembered to prepare for the shot rather than having it be an
afterthought. It looks at first that he is riding on the water, which is
just how I hoped it would look. It was the last frame on the only roll I've
put through a beat up Canonet. The lens is a mess, but it added an
interesting atmosphere to a surreal scene.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cpultz/galleries/pages/LakeBiker.htm

I used to do B&W personal shooting back when I worked as a commercial
photographer, but I sucked at it. Technically good (loved to use FP4 and
Rodinal), but mostly boring photos. Always liked my Kodachromes better.
Recently, I've given it a try again, and find color still suits whatever
eye I have. (Easier?) Twenty years more maturity also helps one see the
world a little deeper. My Photogods are W. Evans and W. Eggleston.

Anyway, I appreciate any feedback. I'll join the PAW routine soon. Have had
my M2 for about a month and am starting to get some Leica shots worth sharing.

Carl