Subject: [Leica] More pictures from Zurich
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 19:31:03 -0700

I sent this around the time this weekend's "time out" took effect, so
I'm  sending it again.  Apologies if it's a duplicate for anyone.

Here's three more shots from the Zurich walking tour Nathan gave Katya and
me on our recent trip.

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/switzerland/nathan_shoots.htm
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/switzerland/mideast_peace_demo.htm
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/switzerland/big_watch_glint.htm

The last one was a bit of a problem, as I could only get the sun glint in
the right place in a certain position, and I had to tilt the camera
up.  Result: a lot of lines that are not straight.  I can straighten the
vertical lines in the "Credit Suisse" building, but then things look weird,
and the wall on the right leans even more.  If I straighten out the wall on
the right, it not only makes "Credit Suisse" lean even more in the other
direction, but the watch takes on the shape of an ellipse!  I finally
decided to just leave it as it was, as the corrections bothered me more
than the picture "as taken."

So. . .   DEAR DR. STRAIGHTEDGE (aka Ted Grant):  What's a guy to do in a
situation like this?   Perhaps I should have used an 8x10 View camera with
swings and tilts, bubble level, a 10-foot tripod and several assistants to
clear the street of inconvenient pedestrians?   :-)

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA