Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Rollei 35s advice
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:35:10 -0700

John Collier wrote:

> I just bought a Rollei 35s ($130US!) that is in great shape except that
> the meter does not work. Everything else works fine and I would like to
> know if it is worthwhile getting the meter repaired. Not if the camera
> is worth it, I know it is, but if the meters are reliable and usable. I
> can just carry a handheld meter if the Rollei meters tank all the time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Collier

I got into Leica because of my experience with my Rollei 35. But also my
Olympus XA; which has fallen by the wayside.
I think of my Rollei 35 as my compact Leica. I don't say pocket because
it is amazingly heavy and wont work in any pocket I've got. But will
work in a small pouch on my belt. My Rollei 35 is original German which
is just a coincidence. It's got a 3.5 Tessar. Here is a shot from it:
http://www.markrabiner.com/ImagePages/PortlandRollei35.html
By the way the meter works ok as long as i put these Wein batteries in
them which i think Bob Shell helped invent.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com