Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop problem with Genuine Fractals
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:46:15 -0700 (PDT)

It seems to work very well in two areas.
1. It holds the quality of a picture for very big
enlargements.  I have done 16X20's off of 35mm that
look excellent.
2. It RADICALLY reduces amount of your hard drive
dedicated to storing photos.  You only store the image
in it's ORIGINAL size, so for my 2 1/4x 2 1/4 shot
that wound up being about 38MG at 2400DPI.  When you
want to blow the shot up, you do it by opening the
38MG file and blowing it up in Photoshop, but from a
GF (.stn) file.  Saving a TIFF file at this size would
be probably over 100MG. A similar file that I blew up
to 14X14 inches came in as almost 900MG!
- --- Matthew Powell <mlpowell@directvinternet.com>