Subject: Re: [Leica] Report on putting in a digital darkroom....
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:43:54 -0700 (PDT)

Sure, prices are pretty public on this stuff.

The PC was $2900 with an 18" flat screen monitor
(looked at a Dell and a build it myself option, the
Dell was $800 more and had a 19" monitor, the build it
myself was about the same as the Gateway. The printers
were $1800 (for the two of them new)...you can buy
these used on eBay for a lot less, but this is old
technology and I was concerned about the condition of
what I would get as it might have been used in an
office or seen really heavy duty (and especially since
there were so many things that were not officially
supported, so new it was). The Photoshop I got as an
upgrade for $229 because I had Photoshop Elements
packaged with my scanner.  The scanner was about $375.
The Genuine Fractals come in two flavors one for about
$200 and one for about $300 depending on which version
of 2.5 you get....or if you have GF, as Tim pointed
out the upgrades are very reasonable.

The inks, software and a few packs of paper (about 150
sheets of 8.5x11 and 100 of 17x22) was pretty
expensive at about $1,700. Of this a little over $700
was for the software so was a one time expense.  They
tell me the inks last a long time...I hope so.

All told with equipment, software, paper, inks, racks
to put it on, lights to shine in the printers so I can
see to clean them, etc. it was about $7,500.

- --- "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net>