Subject: Re: [Leica] Next Logical Telephoto Lens After 180mm
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 14:20:15 -0400

Pascal:

If we ever see a new/next R body then I'll have Leica install the ROM
chip in my lenses as needed.

For a next R body to have any interest to me it'll have to have
auto-focus and a built-in motor drive with auto-bracketing.

And... if the next R body offers auto-focus then how will a ROM chip
help? There are no focusing motors in the ROM lenses. Perhaps
focus-confirmation is the best that we can hope for in the current ROM
lenses.

At any rate the next R body may be so far off into the future that I'll
have already switched to digital or I'll have gone off to that great
photo gallery in the sky.

In the meantime, I continue to enjoy using my Leica R glass, my two R8s
and my SL.... none of which are for sale.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com