Subject: RE: [Leica] Bokeh (sp?) rant - hot to handle!
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:34:34 -0500

For people who shoot with inexpensive lenses at f/11 and smaller, bokeh
doesn't mean much. When you are using Leica, Zeiss, or other high
quality optics, it is possible to get sharp results wide open. When
everything in the picture other than the subject you are focusing on is
out of focus, then bokeh quality becomes important. For many of us,
having an image with everything in focus is very cluttered and
distracting.

Your friend is in luck. He can buy very cheap lenses, shoot them at
f/22, and not have to worry about bokeh. His concern then will be why is
"in focus" areas look so fuzzy.

Best Regards,

Jeffery L. Smith