Subject: Re: [Leica] Hypocrisy !!!!!
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 12:26:03 -0400

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:58:05 -0400, "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>This is soccer, people are getting all in a snit about, right? That GAME in
>which one group of alleged adults chases a ball around a field trying to
>kick said ball in a big net, while another group of alleged adults attempts
>to prevent the ball from getting into the net?

For once I'm in complete unquibbling agreement with you, B.D.  I've never
understood the overwhelming importance people attach to games.  Bread and
circuses indeed.

The only redeeming feature of this nationalistic projection is there is
somewhat less "collateral damage" than if these same countries  actually
went to war.

Anybody see any R8s on the sidelines in the TV coverage?

Paul

Replies: Reply from D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> ([Leica] Re: OT - Sodium Thiosulphate)
Reply from Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> (Re: [Leica] Hypocrisy !!!!!)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Hypocrisy !!!!!)