Subject: [Leica] Shooting at soccer games (was: Hypocrisy !!!!!)
From: david degner <leicanews@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 09:45:33 -0700 (PDT)

- --- Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com> wrote:
Bread and
> circuses indeed.
 AMEN BROTHA!!
> Anybody see any R8s on the sidelines in the TV
> coverage?

Nope All I saw were Nikons, not even any white Canons.
 They all seemed to have shorter lenses like 80-200 I
didn't see many really long stuff, I guess they were
all close enough to the action they didn't need them.
One thing struck me about the America v. Germany game.
 When Germany scored the point and their player was
running along the sideline, all the photographers that
were 2 yards away were holding their cameras to their
chest and just staring dumbly at him.  You would think
they might have a short wide angle camera for such a
situation and a long lens camera, but they all just
stood their like it wasn't worth the effort to get the
shot of celebration!  Just weird to me.

David Degner