Subject: [Leica] Concert Pictures, or, Attack of the Virtuoso Violists
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:20:37 -0700

This past week, I attended two concerts given at the 30th International
Viola Congress here in Seattle.  With me was my trusty M4-P, and a new
friend with whom I hope to have a long and meaningful relationship--an 85mm
f/2.0 Nikkor from the 50s.  We're about the same age, and we see alike in
many ways.  Sweet mother of Zenji Whatsisname indeed, Dante!  :-)

Anyway, apart from hearing some very fine playing, I got a number of very
nice shots on T400CN.  Here's a couple I've scanned so far:

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/semiquavers.htm
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/bravahelen.htm

In the first one, I deliberately shot at a slow shutter speed so that the
rapidly-moving bows would blur a bit.  I wish I'd gotten both bow hands and
the pianist out in the open, but climbing over my fellow audience members
was not an option.  No apologies or qualifications about the second shot.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA