Subject: [Leica] More pics from Attack of the Virtuoso Violists
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:45:07 -0700

Here's an expanded set of the first roll from my newly-acquired 85/2.0 LTM
Nikkor.  Thanks to Dante and David Douglas Duncan.

 From the 30th International Viola Congress:
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/bravahelen.htm
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/semiquavers.htm
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/coletti_intense.htm
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/quartet.htm

And something a little closer to home:
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/harpolean.htm

I am really wanting the Leica 1.25x magnifier that I've had on order for
most of this year.  While I was able to focus just fine, the size of the
image in a .72x Leica does not inspire confidence through eyes on the high
side of forty.  I think the next time I shoot a play or concert, I may try
using the Nikkor on my IIIf.  The RF magnification is 1.5x, much easier to
focus, and for in the theater or concert hall, the separate RF/Viewfinder
ought not to matter much.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA