Subject: Re: [Leica] Help needed -- Motorcycling with a Leica
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:01:52 +0200

Jeffery,

The way I have it set up, the Leicas and lenses do not bang around. They are in
a Domke 803 bag with padded inserts; the bag is placed on a chair cushion inside
my topcase, and secured with elastic straps inside the topcase. This has proven
very effective in protecting the equipment from vibrations.

The problem with carrying the stuff on your body is what happens in the event of
a spill. I would rather not explore the physics of what happens when you crash
with the weight of 3 Leica M bodies and 4 Leica M lenses attached to your back.

Nathan

Jeffery Smith wrote:

> Do you really want the cameras and lenses to be banging around in a bag
> attached to the cycle, or one attached to you? If you can live with one
> attached to you, the messenger bags from www.timbuk2.com might be what
> you're looking for. For better protection, I would go with Domke 803 with
> padded inserts.
>
> If you attach the bag to you, you're going to put the cameras through a lot
> less hell.
>
> Jeffery Smith

- --
Nathan Wajsman