Subject: Re: [Leica] screen display dimensions
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:59:42 -0700

Joe Stephens wrote:

> My screen size is 1600x1280 and I usually publish images as 1280x960.  I
> really don't see why we should accomodate the default windows screen size.
> Even 1024x768 is just too small, in my opinion.
>
> >I limit images to 480 pixels high OR 640 pixels wide (3:4) because so many
> >people still have that display limit. My own CRT is 768x1024.
> >Oliver Bryk

I'm very much with Joe on this one, Oliver! Let's SEE the images. These
smaller scans are like wallet prints. It wouldn't matter which camera or
film took them.
But 1600x1280 or 1280x960?
I've simply never come upon an image that big on the web.
By the way it looks like my web pictures are around 704x448. To me
that's getting to be a nice size but a little bigger would be better.
I'm planning on building a very large web site. Very Large.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com