Subject: [Leica] Re:Re: OT: Digital wars
From: paul.huang@sg.artemisintl.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:24:01 +0800

Hi Sam,

Sorry, I do not have any comparisons between Nikon and Canon.  My
sentiments were on using Leica R lenses on Canon Eos.  With Nikon, you
would not be able to do so.  Something to do with flange distance, there is
no room for an adaptor, you lose infinity focusing.  So I chose the Canon
bodies which are really good plus I get to keep using my Leica R lenses.
If I were to buy from scratch, it will be a toss up between the Nikon and
Canon. For what I love to photograph, I need long lenses and Canon might
win becuase of the Image Stabilisation technology.  By the way, the Leica R
lenses especially the Modular APO-telyts have very close focusing distance
which is very useful.  The 800F5.6 goes down to below 4 metres.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Paul