Subject: [Leica] FW: Big images and IE auto-image-resize
From: "Joe Stephens" <joe@atchou.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:56:08 -0500

Ha!  I appreciate your comment.  Once I started having
to use reading glasses to see my screen at any resolution,
I just preferred more desktop to less.  My PC is not
terrible exotic:  32 meg video card and a 19 inch
high-end Viewsonic from 2 years ago.  This easily handles
1600 x 1280 resolution.

I'd like to note that we're of course not there yet,
but the 16 x 9 HDTV pixel is 1920 x 1080.  I think this
may be so "good" that the human eye may not require
more at a given distance.  I have never actually seen
this live on a real tube, but I am hoping it will
resemble a "movie" (a progression of slides) at 30 fps.

1600 x 1280 is not too far from that future standard.

All this being said, give me an 11x14 projection print
anytime for real quality.

But, IE 6.0 can automatically resize the image for your window
and put a "resize" icon at the bottom right of the image.

The problem is that you don't get a 1:1 interpretation of
the pixels, so the image is not as sharp as if it were viewed
at full resolution.

Joe

quoted portion: