Subject: Re: [Leica] best way to 'tag' my leica - left my camera in a pizza shop
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:51:44 -0500

> Fellow Luggers,
>     Steve LeHuray, mentioned earlier someone who used dymo label tape to
> identify his cameras. Well, I will confess, it's me.
>     I never thought is looked ugly, but some of my brassy cameras do.
>     In any event, another idea is to put a labels on your gear saying "John
> Snapshooter. 123-456-3007 Reward if returned."
> Money always brings out the best in people.
> Happy Snaps,
>
> Sal DiMarco, Jr.

....true, I was thinking of Sal's Ms, but I have seen several other
photographers who have used the 'dymo label tape' a PJ from the Richmond
Times-Dispatch comes to mind (do not remember his name). I met him at the
Republican Convention in Philly in 2000. In addition to two Canon digital
SLRs with the really big lenses, he had two truly brassy, beat up black
paint M2s with bright red dymo labels. These Ms, just like Sal's, looked
like real warriors who have been out on the street in anger. Just wondering
how long it will take for my Ms to look that way.

sl