Subject: Re: [Leica] My take is for favorite sport is...
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:29:56 -0700

on 6/26/02 10:39 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net thoughtfully
wrote:

> Speaking of hooligans and the America's Cup...There is a really wonderful B
> movie - don't know if it ever made it to theaters, or if it went straight to
> video and airplanes - about an America's Cup challenge. It's titled, oddly
> enough, Sail, with Mathew Modine and Jennifer Gray before she got her nose
> job and ended up looking like every other cute movie starlet of a certain
> age...;-)

I think it's entiled WIND and was made by a Japanese businessman who wanted
to honor the effort the Dennis Conner made after losing and regaining the
Cup.

It has the finest sailing sequences I've ever seen. They used high pressure
air to blow across the big panavision lenses to keep them dry - a great
technique!

It was released in the theaters and on VHS but is not available on DVD for
some reason.

Very fine cinematography and a few great airplanes too.

Adam