Subject: Re: [Leica] Walther Benser
From: "gwpics" <gwpics@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 08:21:53 +0100

I have fond memories of attending a Walter Benser lecture some 40 or more
years ago when he presented a slide show using about 6 Leica projectors with
a dissolve unit. The show was presented by Agfa and I am sure that he had
shot everything on Leica. The show entranced me and from then on I have
always wanted to produce fine photographs. It also made me very fond of Agfa
materials, although they are more difficult to buy despite the UK being part
of the EU. And needless to say it also made me lust after Leica cameras but
it was many years before this lust was fulfilled. At that time I was
shooting on a Kodak 44A using 127 film, very soon to be traded for a 35mm
Cosmic made in Russia with a surprisingly good Industar lens.

Waler will be sadly missed although his approach may by many seem very
old-fashinoned now!

Gerry - www.gwpics.com