Subject: [Leica] my contax t is dead as caesar
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 12:32:06 -0400 (EDT)

:-(

after a short, quick 3 foot trip onto concrete, my beloved contax t
is no longer with the living.  actually, mechanically it appears fine
except the corner near the shutter which looks like the front fender
of a 61 impala that's met the proverbial concrete bridge abuttment.
the counter shows double dashes and the shutter no longer fires.

i know there are a couple of "T" afficianados out there... any repair
shop left who can look at the carcass?  i hear contax disowns these
prodigal sons.  if worse comes to worst, it should be good as a parts
source; the lens and viewfinders is perfect; prior to my malfeasance
this little gem was a mint -.

- -rei

p.s. to assuage my loss, i went over to bergen county camera and picked
     up a T3, filter adapter and hood.  without disrespect to the recently
     departed, the T3 is a real hottie.

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey