Subject: RE: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:09:50 -0400

At 10:52 AM 6/30/02 -0700, you wrote:
>You just pointed the camera at the scene, did not especially meter the faces
>or something else, and this is what you got?

No, I pointed the camera at the floor to meter.  In tricky lighting
situations, I try to find something that's about neutral gray - usually the
floor or grass.
The great thing about the M7 is that you don't have to fiddle with the
aperture or shutter speed.  Just leave the aperture where you want it,
point the camera at neutral gray, depress the shutter half-way to lock the
exposure and re-frame the shot.  It's all much faster than it sounds and
every frame that I took with the M7 is perfectly exposed.   I saved lots of
film and got lots more usable shots.

Tina

>This is really exceptional......I am not convinced that I understand the
>technical results, but the aesthetic results are truly terrific... a very
>soft feeling of closeness of the 3....

Thanks, Frank.  They were a really nice family to stay with.  The mountain
village reminded me of the South when I was growing up.  Lots of children
roaming from house to house, playing marbles in the yard, chasing
fireflies.  All of the adults sat on the porch after supper and talked
while watching the children.  There's something to be said for living
without electricity!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com