Subject: RE: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:52:44 -0400

At 03:33 PM 6/30/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks for the response Tina.....  If I understand you correctly, a
>paraphrase of what you found is...
>
>The M7 is great because, in the aperture priority metering mode of this
>camera's opertation, after you selectively ( or intelligently ) meter, you
>simply hold down the shutter button half way to lock that exposure in.....
>The M6 requires the user to turn the shutter speed dial to do the same
>thing.

Right.  It is really much easier to do than to explain.

>It is still a wonderful, emotive shot....

Thank you.

>Now about that comment on no electricity.......... My wife and I just stayed
>at a small hotel in Sequoia NP.  Nice, but basic place.  We went to bed
>early, with an expectation of getting up early to shoot and travel. What a
>surprise to my wife ( especially) when her hair dryer would not go on.. nor
>would the lights...  It seems the proprietor forgot to mention that they
>uise a generator to make electricity, and turn it OFF at night, until HE
>wakes up in the AM..... sometime after 9:00 AM........  She was not amused.

We make sure to warn all of our travelers that they cannot take hair
dryers, electric shavers, or anything else electrical.  It's really an
adjustment for some people to live two weeks with no electricity, but even
more of an adjustment is to live with no running water!  Just think of
everything that you use water for.  No flush toilets.  No drinking
water.  No washing hands or anything else without hauling water.  Everybody
comments on how much they appreciate turning on the faucet after they get
back home!  This year the medical brigade was in a Chorti Maya village that
was knee-deep in mud and pig, chicken, cow, goat manure.  We didn't get
clean until we left and checked into a hotel for showers before the plane
back home.  The people of the village had made a shower for us with water
piped from the mountain.  It was very refreshing!!!! but we had to stand in
mud to shower and tromp back through mud and a cow pasture to the school
where we were sleeping.  Aside from the infant mortality rate of 50%, the
thing that would get to me the most would be never being clean.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: